Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Roses are red, flowers will die, but nothing says "I love you" like reliable wifi



Ryan gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers right after we labeled ourselves as officially girlfriend/boyfriend.  One day he was being particularly anxious about how late I was working.  "When are you going home? Are you done working yet?" and so on.  I thought he just really wanted me to join him and his friends near Rutgers at their favorite hang out spot Stuff Yer Face . It was so unlike him to push me to get done with work or just leave it for the next week.  He's a hard working guy - works full-time and owns a successful IT business - and one of the things I love most about him is his hard work ethic.  Well when he finally had gotten to the point of annoying me enough, I left work and came home to find a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a note on my doorstep.  The note was his way of telling me he was ready to "share with the world" our relationship (read: make it Facebook official.)

He's a romantic and very giving guy.  He gave me a beautiful bright pink rose the night of our first date, surprised me with these flowers randomly that Friday afternoon, and the most perfect bouquet of long stem red roses (with one peach rose to represent Uniquely Us) I have ever seen for Valentine's Day.


But he's also a realist and a techie, as am I.  Our connectivity is crucial to our relationship.  We are connected through email, phone, text, Instagram, Facebook, Spotify, Pinterest, G-Chat, and now this blog.  So when my wireless router was giving me issues he took matters into his own hand.  I think it was a combination of his techie-ness, his overall care and concern for me, and the fact he'd want to remain connected since he'd be spending more time in my apartment which made him insist on buying me an upgraded, faster router and setting it up for me.

My bytes have never travelled faster, my devices are constantly connected, and my heart is aflutter now that I've got an IT guy in my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment