Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Re-Meet the Parents: The story of a red guy in a blue world


As I mentioned before, Ryan met my parents before we started dating but with us approaching two months together, it was time for their paths to cross again. As a family of avid Seton Hall Pirates basketball fans what better way to do this than at a Pirates basketball game?

There was one game left in the regular season.  But this game wasn't just against any school.  It was against our arch-rival, Rutgers, the other school in Jersey.

Rutgers also happens to be Ryan's alma mater.

I remember my dad's Facebook status update for that evening: "Meeting my daughter's boyfriend tonight.  Strike one, wrong shirt."


It was definitely three against one that night (and to think Ryan was worried about me being an only child meeting his huge family...it was my tiny but mighty family showed him the ropes that night!)

We actually had a blast.  Nothing builds camaraderie without a healthy rivalry.
Ryan's the guy with the dark brown facial hair, not the guy with the blue facial hair.
And even though that other school in Jersey won that night (and won the home-away series against us) it was a great night.   With friends in the arena both in the stands and on the bench, I just kept praying that kiss cam wouldn't catch up to us


No comments:

Post a Comment