Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Let's Catch Up: January

I'm going to try to capture everything we've done (well, the super memorable stuff at least) over the past four months in hopes that this Blog will get updated more regularly as we create more memories and journey along into our future together.  To save time (and my sanity) I'm going to take the first few months and briefly share what we did.  This is really to serve as a time capsule of our (thus far and ongoing) amazing relationship.

January 15th - We became official.  You already knew that.

January 20th - We wasted no time...I met Ryan's family.  His entire family.  Me, the only child AND only grandchild on one side, met his mom, brother, four sisters, their significant others, nieces, nephew, some friends, and who knows who else at a bowling birthday party for his sister Kerri.  I immediately knew this was the start of something good because in a family that size I saw a whole lot of normal.  I wasn't intimidated at all.  They are a good bunch of people who enjoy being around each other, acting goofy, and having fun.  My kind of people.  (By the way, Ryan already had met my parents at my CCafe birthday party back on December 1st where he spent the time he wasn't dancing with me talking to my dad...yeah he knew the way to my heart even back then.)

Perhaps my favorite memory from my bowling family meeting was when his mom, a native of Ireland, approached me, and, after seeing my reddish hair and freckled pale skin asked, "Are ya sure ya don't have a little Irish in ya?" I found myself laughing and apologizing simultaneously for the fact that this Polish girl only looks the part.



Oh yeah, and I beat Ryan at bowling (ok, just one of the games.)

No comments:

Post a Comment